Safety is one of our core business function in ÝZair. We commit developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under a balanced allocation of organizational resources, on the purpose of achieving the highest level of safety standards, performance and meeting local, national and international standards & requirements, while delivering our services.
Our commitment is to:
· Support the Safety Management by providing all appropriate resources for the implementation of safety, the safety policy and to establish an organizational safety culture by paying attention to the results of Safety Management System as much as the results of other organizational management systems, promoting safety implementations and safety awareness encouraging effective safety reporting and communication and managing the Safety Management System actively;
· Enforce the Safety Management as a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
· Cleary define the accountabilities and responsibilities of all managers and employees for the delivery of organization’s safety performance and the performance of Safety Management System;
· Ensure the management of safety risks to aircraft operations;
· Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP);
· Not to blame someone for reporting something which would not have been otherwise detected;
· Implement “Just Culture” and ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures which are considered as unacceptable behaviours; apart from these malevolent acts, disciplinary action would not apply;
· Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
· Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
· Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
· Establish and measure our safety objectives and performance standards according to realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
· Ensure outsourced systems and services to support our operations are delivered in a way that is meeting our safety performance standards; and
· Continually improve our safety performance by means of management processes that ensure relevant safety action is effectively taken.
We believe that Safety can only be obtained with the participation of all employees. All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivering of this highest level of safety performance, starting with the Accountable Manager.